Sky’s rejigged Neon streaming TV and movie service begins today with all the programming and tech nous of Spark’s now-defunct Lightbox.
A dedicated team worked through the night to help customers move from the original Neon and Lightbox platforms to a brand new Neon, the biggest 100 percent New Zealand-owned paid streaming movie and entertainment platform.
The migration was successful and now tens of thousands of Kiwis can enjoy blockbuster movies and favourite shows like Homeland, The Handmaid’s Tale and Game Of Thrones, uninterrupted and all in one place.
Ricki Taiaroa, who has been running the launch says, “We’re really excited about the fantastic new Neon which we know will be much appreciated by our customers. So many movies, shows and series, some of which were previously only available on Lightbox, are now combined with an enhanced streaming platform which is easier to use across multiple devices – it’s a winner.”
“New Neon customers will enjoy a range of new features including download to go, individual user profiles, a dedicated kids’ area and new release movie rentals. The platform is easier to use, more robust, and available on a range of new devices including Apple TV.”
The changeover went well with very little interruption and the Neon team is just tidying up a couple of loose ends.
There is a full suite of Frequently Asked Questions available to customers at www.neontv.co.nz/lightbox-and-neon if they have any queries and a fantastic customer service team on 0800 759 759 or the team on the Neon Facebook page.
“There is so much content available on the new Neon, viewers will be absolutely spoiled for choice. With winter well and truly here our relaunch is timed perfectly – there’s no need for an excuse to hunker down inside and binge-watch Succession, Perry Mason or I’ll Be Gone In The Dark. And all for only $13.95 per month.”
Here’s what’s new
- So many movies, shows and series, some of which were previously only available on Lightbox
- An enhanced streaming platform which is easier to use; customers can download content and it’s more robust
- No long term contracts are required, giving customers access to so much content at fantastic value
- Uninterrupted, ad-free viewing
- Pick up where you left off on a different device
- A family-friendly kids’ corner
- Create up to 5 user profiles
- Add favourites to your watchlist
- Purchase new release movie rentals
- Cast to the big screen with Chromecast and Airplay
Some customers may need to download or refresh the new Neon app on their smartphone, tablet or smart TV. If a customer from original Neon had filed away some favourites on a watchlist, this may take a couple of days to migrate across to new Neon – but it won’t be long.
It’s important to note some new Neon customers will have had Lightbox as part of a mobile and/or broadband package with Spark. Spark will be contacting all these customers with details on how the switch to the new Neon has affected their package.
So, get comfortable and get stuck into the new Neon – designed by Kiwis for Kiwis.
- The standard price for the new Neon streaming service will be $13.95 per month. Partner brands may offer packages at different rates
- For information: www.neontv.co.nz/lightbox-and-neon
NOTE: This piece contains elements of Neon’s publicity release.