The company says that i0S 7 “has been engineered with deep technical and design integration with both iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c.
It takes full advantage of the advanced 64-bit technologies in iPhone 5s, including the native 64-bit kernel, libraries and drivers. All the built-in apps have been re-engineered for 64-bit, and iOS 7 provides a seamless developer transition with Xcode® support and the ability to run both 32-bit and 64-bit apps. iOS 7 also provides deep integration with the new Touch ID™ sensor and takes full advantage of the new iSight® camera sensor to enable new features like automatic image stabilisation, Burst Mode and Slo-Mo video with 120 fps. Combined with the new Camera App in iOS 7, iPhone 5s provides up to two-times faster auto-focus, faster photo capture and better dynamic range.
• Control Center, which gives quick access to the controls in one place with just one swipe from the bottom of the screen;
• Notification Centre, now available from the Lock screen so all notifications can be seen with a simple swipe, and the new Today feature gives an at-a-glance view of the day with a summary of the important details such as weather, traffic, meetings and events;
• Improved Multitasking that gives users the ability to switch between their apps in a more visual and intuitive way, and iOS 7 pays attention to which apps are used most and automatically keeps content up to date in the background;
• AirDrop, an entirely new way to quickly and easily share content with people nearby;
• New Camera app filters so real-time photo effects can be added, a square camera option;
• A redesigned Photos app that introduces Moments, a new way to automatically organise photos and videos based on time and location;
• Full-screen browsing with Safari’s redesigned user interface, the new smart search field helps simplify searching, and there’s a new view for bookmarks and Safari tabs;
iOS 7 will be available as a free software update starting on Wednesday, September 18 for iPhone 4 and later, iPad 2 and later, iPad mini and iPod touch (fifth generation).