Will it be the Second Coming? iPad 2 will be released in a clutch of countries – including New Zealand – on March 25.
So… will it have enough compelling new features to make current owners switch to the newer model, and non-converts by into the dream?
Apple says the iPad 2:
* Is an entirely new design.
* Is 33 percent thinner.
* Is up to 15 percent lighter.
* Contains Apple’s new dual-core A5 processor.
* Has two cameras: a front-facing VGA camera for FaceTime and PhotoBooth, and a rear-facing camera that captures 720p HD video.
* Introduces the “innovative” iPad 2 Smart Cover in a range of vibrant polyurethane and rich leather colours.
Apple has also introduced two apps, iMovie and GarageBand, for the iPad.
Pricing has not yet been announced. Nor expected availability.