Parmenter Sound is now the agent for J.C. Verdier turntables and the La Platine Verdier will be available for auditions, fitted with an SME M2-12R tone arm. This TT is an impressively engineered piece of audio gear, which has undergone minimal changes over the past twenty years.
– A pneumatically decoupled plinth using air bellows, damped like a car shock absorber.
– The platter weighs in at 16kg and is made of non-magnetic alloy. It is supported by magnetic repulsion, which removes any need for a thrust bearing and reduces bearing and surface noise.
– Two drive options are available, a rubber belt or linen thread.
– A low inertia high torque motor is fitted to a separate housing.
– The motor runs at 33, 45 or 78 rpm and is adjustable plus or minus 5%.
– Two tone arms can be mounted, it comes with a pre-drilled SME arm and a blank for alternative mounting.
– Weight 65Kg.
– $19,500 RRP.
Review coming? You bet!